[Xerte] Re: Error Message when working in Xerte

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 16:11:35 GMT 2016

Hi Helen

1)      Assuming you mean version then just visit http://
yourinstallationaddress/version.txt

2)      Sounds like the Xerte installation isn't set up correctly by your
technical staff - when you create a project via the browser it should be
creating a subfolder for that project in USER-FILES and anything you upload
and save gets written there. Did they test via guest access before switching
to ldap? You can switch to guest access via the management area then refresh
or close all browsers and then revisit to test via guest access and
eliminate the ldap configuration being part of the problem. The admin
account you mention is only for the management area and doesn't work for
logging in to the normal workspace.

HTH

Ron