[Xerte] Re: Problems exporting Xerte project- Update

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Mon Apr 28 13:21:46 BST 2014

Yes, in principle XOT supports .mp4. That is, the HTML5 engine is bale
to work with that. There are many forms of mp4, and Xerte will accept
them all, but to be able to play them on all devices, the requirements
are a bit more strict, but I am sure your I.T. department is aware of that.

As for the second question, yes, definitely. There shouldn't be any
problems there. (At least not in the latest Xerte Online Toolkits).

Tom

Kathryn Duncan schreef op 28-4-2014 14:04:

> Dear all,
>
> *Thank you very much for all your help.*
>
> I was unaware I could not mount the LO from my local disk.
>
> I have this morning been in contact with Bristol University I.T.
> department and have been successfully able to upload my project to the
> host institutions Blackboard and it now all works fine in Google Chrome.
>
> *I have two further questions that I would be very grateful for your
> help with-*
>

> 1. Currently the media files on my project are in flash format. *Does
> Xerte support mp4 files?* I have tried previously uploading them into
> my project, however, this has been unsuccessful. The reason for asking
> is due to the preference of Bristol University for the purposes of
> multi-format support i.e. pc, tablet, phone etc.
>
> 2. Currently the Xerte projects, when loaded externally on to the
> Bristol Blackboard, only play using Google Chrome. Is anyone aware of
> *whether the Xerte projects can be used across multiple web browsers?*
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Kathryn

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica