[Xerte] Re: Changing the default language

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Wed Feb 20 20:27:02 GMT 2013

Hello István,

You should probably replace the wizard.swf in modules/xerte/editor with
the one from 1.9

Also, to be able to maintain the translation of the data.xwd and be able
to keep the data.xwd in sync with the en-GB data.xwd, there is a website
http://xertetrans.xerte.org.uk to help you do that.

If you give me your Hungarian data.xwd, I'll try to get your translation
in the xertetrans database.

Regards,

Tom

Op 20-2-2013 21:07, István Peto" schreef:
> Hello,
>
> I've again a strange issue with languages in XOT. However, it might be
> a simple user error, I don't really know.
>
> A few weeks ago I finally managed to execute a complete translation in
> a XOT v.19 with these steps:
> - adding Hungarian language to languages/language-config.xml
> - creating and translating languages/engine_hu-HU.xml and
> languages/wizard_hu-HU.xml
> - adding  $_SESSION['toolkits_language'] = "hu-HU"; line to
> _load_language_file() function in functions.php in order to make
> Hungarian the default language
> - and finally creating
> /modules/xerte/parent_templates/Nottingham/wizards/hu-HU/data.xwd with
> all the necessary language dependent texts. (according to this email:
> http://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/pipermail/xerte-dev/2013-January/003424.html)
>
> As far as I remember these were all the changes I made. This
> configuration works very well in that istallation but today I had to
> do the same in XOT v1.8 and it partially failed. Language variables
> coming from engine_hu-HU.xml and wizard_hu-HU.xml were loaded
> correctly but /hu-HU/data.xwd was not found and the original English
> expressions were used instead.
>
> Did I missed something or it might be a version related issue?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Istvan

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica