[Xerte] intermittent problem with new and old YouTube feed page

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed May 2 11:43:05 BST 2012

Hi all

during the last Xerte Friday session someone mentioned seeing a rogue
scrollbar on the YouTube Feed page and although we've seen this previously
it's intermittent and only some users see it e.g.

It's likely that most of you don't see this but we want to try to fix this
even if it does only appear in a smaller number of cases. Also because
Google are going to be removing the older YouTube player this is an example
of how the same page will work in the new XOT 1.8 release which we're
testing at the moment.

To minimise the number of responses we only need you to respond if you do
see the rogue scrollbar. Please visit
http://vle.jisctechdis.ac.uk/xot/play.php?template_id=55 and respond if you
do see the rogue scrollbar with the following details:

Operating system e.g. Win7, xp etc

Browser e.g. IE, Firefox etc and version if possible

Flash Player version right click in the middle of the LO to see this

Many thanks

Ron