[Xerte] 'xerte@lists.nottingham.ac.uk'

Steve Pritchard steve.pritchard at clearmind.com
Mon Sep 27 02:51:33 BST 2010

Hi Ron,

Both template files are located in the "resources" page, in the toolkits
section. I am using Xerte, so will use the included templates you mentioned.
For the link to the Wizards, will try those as well. Might help me create
something useful faster since I'm a total newbie to this!

Thanks for the help!

Cheers!
Steve in Canada

Hi

I think everyone on this list would agree - great set of tools!

I'd be interested to know where you've found the "
TechDis_Xerte_Presentation_Template.xtp" (links?) as that's quite old now
and isn't really needed anymore.

If you're using Xerte rather than XOT you can access the 'Page Templates'
template from the Templates menu. See screenshot here:
http://mitchellmedia.co.uk/img/tgrab-Rv.png just Start Xerte, select that
menu and you'll be prompted to choose where to save the LO. You'll also see
a 'presentation' template listed there too but that's not the same as the
early TechDis template. If you have found online info re the TechDis
template please send links in a reply. I've recently developed a new page
type which provides 85% of the functionality we had in that older template
and will work with both Xerte and XOT - I just need to find time to document
that and make it available somewhere.

You might also want to look at the page wizards which is another way of
working with Xerte
http://wiki.xerte.net/index.php5?title=Main_Page#Page_Wizards

HTH

Ron