[Xerte] ANN: Xpert Image Search and Attribution

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 6 12:37:31 BST 2010

This is a good idea and a useful tool (would be more useful with browse
facilities IMO), but it does seem to replicate existing meta-search
engines for media, in particular everystockphoto.com but also Google
Images (advanced search for "labelled for reuse"). What does Xerte Image
Search offer that these don't? That's not intended as a criticism.
Behind the typically spartan interface what goodies lurk? Or has this
been developed specifically for integration into Toolkits, to allow
authors/developers to find media in the Toolkits environment?

As a developer who's been, and will likely be again, involved in
developing/using aggregators, I'm curious as to how this was
implemented. OAI-PMH? RSS?

Cheers

Fred

Fred Riley
Learning Technologist
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham
Vcard: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nursing/sonet/about/fr_uon.vcf