[Xerte] ANN: Xpert Image Search and Attribution

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 16:37:55 BST 2010

Nicely done folks.

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:20:59 +0100
From: Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk; XERTEFORTEACHERS at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
CC:
Subject: [Xerte] ANN: Xpert Image Search and Attribution

Hi,

We’ve just finished a piece of work that will make it
easier for you to search for media released under licenses for re-use and to attribute
it correctly. I know some of you on the Xerte for Teachers list were discussing
this very problem recently, so hopefully this is timely!

To see it in action:

-
Visit http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xpert/attribution/

-
Search for something

-
When you get the results, click ‘Select’

-
Then choose ‘Get Image with Attribution’ or
choose the toolkits option

-
And you’ll get the image back, with license
information included across the bottom of the image and can happily reuse it
knowing the image is suitable for re-use.

We’ have also integrated this into Xerte Online Toolkits,
allowing you to search, browse and select media for your Xerte Online Toolkits
projects directly from the Toolkits wizard. A toolkits update will follow in
due course: here’s a demo for the meantime: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/media/imagefinder.swf

Please join me in a collective doffing of caps to Pat for
all his work on this latest development.

We’re showing it at ALT-C next week and will explain a
bit more about what we were setting out to do, and the problems and pitfalls we’ve
encountered along the way: the session is on Tuesday 7th September
at 14.50: http://altc2010.alt.ac.uk/talks/14982

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use,
copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily
reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.