[Xerte] How to Install Xerte Online Toolkits

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 21 11:07:54 BST 2009

What did the software developers say?

I would assume the problem is that your siteground host doesn't have the
ldap php extensions installed and as such these cause the site to fail.
I guess the siteground tech have never heard of log files.

As such, I would rename index.php to be something else, and then look at
either demo.txt (no security whatsoever, lets anyone in), or switch.txt
in which you can set up accounts by typing them into the file.

Once you have a preferred option, rename either demo.txt or switch.txt
to be index.php and try the site again.

However, I recommend you don't use demo on any server the public can get
at, unless you've got some other authentication system in place.