[Xerte] Xerte permissions with windows Xampp installation

Harrod Stuart sharrod at dewsbury.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 15:53:01 GMT 2008

I hope you might be able to help me. I am trying to install Xerte on our
existing Xampp installation on a windows server for an upcoming College
staff conference day based on e-learning, where we are hoping to
demonstrate Xerte as a tool our staff might like to start using to
develop learning materials to support delivery of their courses.

We use a Windows 2003 server running an Xampp installation for our
Moodle site, so it seems ideal to use this for Xerte as also, and saves
from setting up a separate server. Also we need the Xerte installation
to be accessible from a web browser internally and externally, which
this one already is.

The problem I am having is with permissions. If I connect to the
demo.php on the server (remote desktop) at
http://localhost/toolkits/demo.php everything works fine, but doesn't
work properly when accessed externally on the live domain.

I have seen your Xerte installation page 2 about setting all the chmod
permissions, which is probably the problem, but how can I do this on
Xampp on a windows server?

I look forward to any help you can give me.

Regards

Stuart Harrod