[Xerte] (no subject)

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 4 15:20:46 BST 2008

The parser dives through the xml sideways, so page 2 doesn't exist as itsets up the icons in the entry frame.The way around it is set up a listener to rootIcon, which will exist,and then ask rootIcon to broadcast custom events for you.You can set up a rootIcon.myCustomEvent handler, and at any time firerootIcon.broadcast('myCustomEvent');It doesn't usually require this though.===========

OK, thanks.

This was all really an exercise to try and find a way to trap that XML loaded event.
As you said, the XML does load, but I can't find a way to get the event.
I tried both load and sendandload, but no luck.

So I was trying toi get a handle on the scope of the "perpetual" event structure.
Or does the engine just not pass that event at this point?

-dave