[Xerte] Just installed, a few problems?

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 12 16:27:03 GMT 2007

You can draw with code, and you can do gradientFills with code too. In
the help file are some pointers and some examples of using the gradient
fills.

For example:

myIcon.beginGradientFill('linear', [0xFF0000,0x00FF00], [100,100],
[0,255], {matrixType: 'box', x: 0, y: 0, w:100, h: 100,
r:(45/180)*Math.PI});
myIcon.drawRect(0,0,100,100,20);

draws a rounded, gradient filled rectangle.

Look it all up in the online flash documentation -- all those params
always confuse me.

You can draw anything with code that the drawing tools can draw, and
more, as some things can only be drawn with code - like gradients. There
are also some code-based effects like dropShadow and bevel, so you can
draw nice looking rounded panels etc.

There's no ppt - xerte converter I'm afraid. There are some good ppt to
flash converters - then you can play the flash back in Xerte,

Julian