[Xerte-dev] Re: PHP compatibility

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 18:31:14 BST 2013

>(do you just want to stick to using MySQL/MariaDB) or do you need to
support e.g. SQLite (or whatever).<

I think this possibly falls into two categories - essential and desirable

Essential

MySQL has always been the requirement and if that now doesn't work on newer
PHP reports of it not installing are going to increase.

Desirable (for some)

On the other hand the one arguably justifiable excuse that the Windows only
IT teams have for not installing on in-house servers is that they don't
support MySQL only MSSQL. e.g. XOT will hapilly run on Windows + IIS but not
MSSQL

Not sure how common the need is for other db's.

Ron