[Xerte-dev] Re: PHP compatibility

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 18:12:44 BST 2013

On 15 Oct 2013, at 18:04, Tom Reijnders <reijnders at tor.nl> wrote:

> I understand where you are coming from, and I understand your reasoning. But I respectfully disagree.
>
> This is just a typical re-factoring which we will be obliged to do from time to time. No new functionality involved, perhaps new opportunities.
>
> The question is more MySQLi vs. PDO.  Or a more generic approach Like David Goodwin used for authentication. We don't do anything fancy with the database.

( See also my previous email)

I think someone needs to start from stating the requirements (do you just want to stick to using MySQL/MariaDB) or do you need to support e.g. SQLite (or whatever).

thanks,
David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd