[Xerte-dev] Back / Next Functionlaity

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 10:49:16 BST 2012

What do you think: we made the back button in the interface go back in history, rather than back in pages: this seems to work well in some situations, but whilst testing, I have hit back several times and not gone where I expected to, and can't go forward: do you think we should have it so that the developer can chose which way it works?

So, for a linear interface, it works as it did before, going back and forth on page numbers; if it's a menu driven piece, it goes back in history?

I think the problem I found in terms of inconsistencies is that forward always takes you next, rather than forward in history when back goes back in history rather than pages (read that again carefully).

Next can't be forward, as it's the main way of getting to the next, unvisited page.

This should do what the user expects because it grates when you don't go where you wanted.