[Syrphidae] DELTA format something for Syrphidae / Diptera / Insects?

Bastiaan bwakkie at syrphidae.com
Sun Feb 18 21:05:38 GMT 2007

Hello all,

I was thinking of using the DELTA format as a basis for storing
syrphidae descriptions and automatically create internet keys from them
in the future.

My question to you is did someone ever do something like this with
Syrphidae/diptera/insects?
Or is there perhaps a better suitable standard format to store insect
descriptions? I preferably use only open formats with open source tools
around it in order to preserve future usability of the data.

kind regards,

Bastiaan