[Public-engagement] Institute for Policy and Engagement Training Programme

Rachael Pearson Rachael.Pearson at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 9 12:35:52 BST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to announce that the Institute for Policy and Engagement Training Programme is now open for booking on Central Short Courses. We have scheduled a variety of sessions for academic, research and support staff who are both new to, or experienced in policy impact and public engagement work. In most instances, we will be running a face-to-face session, followed by a webinar version of the course. The webinars are primarily designed to accommodate colleagues based on the China and Malaysia campuses, but colleagues in the UK are also welcome to join.

Details of the programme are at the foot of this email, and attached as a word document. Courses running between November and February are open for booking. Those scheduled from March to June will be made available in the new year, but details are included for information.

We're looking forward to working with you.

Kind regards,

Rachael

Dr Rachael Pearson
Head of Public Engagement

Institute for Policy and Engagement

University of Nottingham

A21, Highfield House

University Park

Nottingham, NG7 2RD

+44 (0) 7855 518063

<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/graduateschool/index.aspx>www.nottingham.ac.uk/policy-and-engagement/<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/policy-and-engagement/><https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/graduateschool/index.aspx><https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/graduateschool/index.aspx><http://nottingham.ac.uk/>

 [1520939346377_PastedImage]

<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/>

Open for booking – please use the links to book your place on the following sessions

Course title and location

Day

Date

Time

Introduction to Policy Impact<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPEIPI&dates=5>
A09 Highfield House

Wednesday

13th November

14:00- 16:00

Introduction to Public Engagement<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPEIPE&dates=5>
A09 Highfield House

Tuesday

26th November

14:00- 16:00

WEBINAR: Introduction to Policy Impact<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPEIPIW&dates=5>

Wednesday

4th December

09:00-11:00

WEBINAR: Introduction to Public Engagement<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPEIPEW&dates=5>

Tuesday

10th December

09:00-11:00

Introduction to Social Media for Engagement<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPESME&dates=5>
A09 Highfield House

Wednesday

18th December

14:00-16:00

WEBINAR: Introduction to Social Media for Engagement<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPESMEW&dates=5>

Friday

10th January

09:00-11:00

Planning for Policy Impact<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPEPPI&dates=5>
A09 Highfield House

Tuesday

14th January

14:00-16:00

Planning for Public Engagement<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPEPPE&dates=5>
A09 Highfield House

Tuesday

28th January

14:00-16:00

WEBINAR: Planning for Policy Impact<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPEPPIW&dates=5>

Wednesday

5th February

09:00-11:00

Planning a Social Media Campaign<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPESMC&dates=5>
A09 Highfield House

Tuesday

11th February

14:00-16:00

WEBINAR: Planning for Public Engagement<https://training.nottingham.ac.uk/Guests/GuestCourse.aspx?CourseRef=IPEPPEW&dates=5>

Friday

28th February

09:00-11:00

Dates for your diary – the following sessions will be open for booking from January 2020

WEBINAR: Planning a Social Media Campaign

Thursday

12th March

09:00-11:00

Creative Evaluation for Public Engagement

Tuesday

17th March

14:00-16:00

Pathways to Impact (Policy and Public Engagement)

Tuesday

24th March

09:00-11:00

Writing Policy Briefs

Thursday

2nd April

14:00-16:00

WEBINAR: Creative Evaluation for Public Engagement

Thursday

23rd April

09:00-11:00

WEBINAR:  Pathways to Impact (Policy and Public Engagement)

Tuesday

28th April

09:00-10:00

Data Visualisation

Friday

1st May

14:00-16:00

WEBINAR: Writing Policy Briefs

Tuesday

5th May

09:00-10:00

Developing Partnerships for Public Engagement

Tuesday

12th May

14:00-16:00

Elevator Pitch Workshop