[Public-engagement] FW: Giving evidence to parliament

Leonie Mathers Leonie.Mathers at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue May 8 17:12:44 BST 2018

Hi all,

Please see the below event this Friday on giving evidence to Parliament, which is organised by the Nottingham Women Expert Network, but is open to male colleagues too.

Thanks,
Léonie

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/acab855e3c51234cc8699b0b9/images/38098d28-cd95-4e06-9bbc-f0b745231257.png]

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/acab855e3c51234cc8699b0b9/images/acd7ff85-494e-4caf-b4a9-8717127e30bb.jpg]

                    Nottingham Women Expert Network

May 2018

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/acab855e3c51234cc8699b0b9/images/9ac75b4a-2ce9-431f-86e5-2f32a2d9ce32.jpg]

New event: Giving evidence to Parliament. Friday 11 May 2018.

This event focuses on giving evidence in formal settings, such as Select Committees, with the aim of helping female academics become more confident at sharing their expertise in policy environments.
Our guest speakers are Lilian Greenwood, Labour MP for Nottingham South, and Professor Sarah Sharples, Associate Faculty Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research & Knowledge Exchange and Professor of Human Factors in the Faculty of Engineering.
The event will begin with our guest speakers, followed by a Q&A and an opportunity for networking over lunch.
This is a free event open to female members of staff of the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University as part of the Nottingham Women Expert Network.

Click here to register to attend<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/nottingham-women-expert-network-sharing-your-expertise-in-parliament-registration-44872445693?aff=ehomecard>

Key contacts
Liz Cass, Head of News, Liz.cass at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:Liz.cass at nottingham.ac.uk>
Léonie Mathers, Head of Public Affairs, leonie.mathers at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:leonie.mathers at nottingham.ac.uk>