[Maths-Education] Re: Fwd: The Khan Academy

Dylan Wiliam dylanwiliam at mac.com
Sun Mar 18 13:01:31 GMT 2012

Of course the Khan Academy videos will never be as good as the best teaching, but I think the more important question is whether they can be used to improve mathematics teaching on average. I think the idea that students spend time at home (or at a homework club) viewing the presentation, and then spend time in class in discussion of what they learn would be a considerable improvement on much of what happens in mathematics classrooms. That said plausible ideas have turned out to be wrong, so what's really needed is an evaluation...

Dylan