[Maths-Education] Re: Fwd: The Khan Academy

Hugh Burkhardt Hugh.Burkhardt at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Mar 18 12:19:57 GMT 2012

The general view in the US seems to be that the videos are examples of clear expository teaching - greatly needed in a country where that is rare.  (Not a problem we have here, of course)

Among the more preceptive it is recognised that, for many students, clear expository teaching (+ lots of practice, of course) does not deliver competence.

Hugh