[Maths-Education] The International Maths Directory

Alan Rogerson alan at rogerson.pol.pl
Fri Nov 19 07:24:09 GMT 2010

Dear List members,

I realise this is "asking for it" in both the literal and metaphorical
senses, but I would nevertheless  like to remind List members of the
existence of the Directory at http://www.DirectoryMathsEd.net/ . The
large number of hits it receives shows it is being well used, and
several new countries have also been added in the past year.

How do names get on the Directory? In general names are not solicited or
nominated by others. Every entry is made only by the individual
concerned, and on a voluntary basis. The Directory is OPEN in the sense
there are no criteria or requirements for entry other than a personal
involvement in maths education, which could cover other areas than
school or university teaching. So it is basically up to each individual
to nominate themselves.

We warmly invite people who are not yet on the list to enter, and for
those on the list to encourage their colleagues to join us, so the
Directory can hopefully expand and serve a wider audience world-wide.
Please suggest to your international contacts that they also send in
their entries to me, whether or not their country is represented yet, we
can easily add new countries as we have done this year.

If you would like to be included in The Directory please send me at
alan at rogerson.pol.pl. your complete entry in standard format, and I will
cut and paste it into the Directory so your entry will be entirely
"owned" by you.

The standard format in the Directory consists of the following items,
*all in one continuous line, separated by commas and spaces*: (please
send your entry exactly in this way):

  surname or family name, given name(s), email address, postal
address(es), telephone number(s) (and URL(s) if you wish)

Please follow this example in its formatting:

Gates, Peter, _peter.gates at nottingham.ac.uk_, Centre for the Study of
Mathematics Education, School of Education, University of Nottingham,
Jubilee Campus, Nottingham NG8 1BB, UK, (+44) (0) 115 951 4432, Fax:
(+44) (0) 115 846 6600,
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/education/staff/pgates/htm

Someone kindly pointed out, however,  that Peter's URL no longer works,
we checked and it gives a 404 error message (Peter??)

Notice that personal titles or career details are not included.

If you are already on the list, *would you be kind enough to verify that
all your details are currently correct* and your email addresses and
URLs actually work, and if not could you send me *your complete updated
version* as above (please do not just send the corrections)? Quite a few
of the entries are quite old now and some of you might well have had
several promotions since your entry  was added!

Looking forward to getting more entries, and thanks to all of you for
your patience and cooperation.

Best wishes,
Alan