[Maths-Education] RE: Teaching Mathematics

Ernest, Paul P.Ernest at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 10:20:34 GMT 2009

Dear Michael

I read your message and wanted to draw your attention to two papers of relevance to your inquiry freely available on the web

The papers are:

SPECIAL STUDENTS
Oliv G. Klingenberg  Geometry: Educational Implications for Children with Visual Impairment (doc, 4Mb)
Mariella Tanti   Teaching Mathematics to a Blind Student - A Case Study (pdf, 5Mb)

These are from

Philosophy of Mathematics Education Journal No. 20 (June 2007)   ISSN 1465-2978 (Online)  Editor: Paul Ernest
SPECIAL ISSUE ON SOCIAL JUSTICE, PART 1
(Last section on SPECIAL STUDENTS)

Good luck

Best wishes

Paul
__________________
Paul Ernest
Emeritus Professor
University of Exeter
SELL, St Lukes, Heavitree Road
Exeter  EX1 2LU, UK

Visiting Professor, HiST-ALT, Norway
Visiting Professor, UiO, Norway

http://www.people.ex.ac.uk/PErnest/
for Philosophy of Mathematics Education Journal - No. 23 is out now!
No. 24 in 2009 will have theme 'Mathematics and Art' -- please consider contributing!

Forthcoming book in 2009 Critical Issues in Mathematics Education by Ernest, Greer and Sriraman (Eds) at http://www.infoagepub.com/products/content/p490a29296b4d1.php