[Maths-Education] FW: Teaching Mathematics

Peter Gates Peter.Gates at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Mar 2 21:27:28 GMT 2009

Hello,

I am sorry to trouble, I am currently in placement teaching Essential
Skills Maths, mostly at Level 2 and was wondering if i could ask some
advice.

I am totally blind and am trying to find solutions to make the teaching
of the more visual aspects easier for me to convey to the learners.

I also mentor students for GCSE maths, and am not sure what will be the
best to describe to them rotation scaling etc. In the case of the
students for GCSE, the students are totally blind also, with the
essential Skills class, they are all mostly sighted.

Can you help?

Many thanks

Michael Moore

michael.moore at nrc.ac.uk