[Maths-Education] BCME 2010 Enrichment strand

Jennifer Piggott jsp38 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 12:50:00 BST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

The British Congress in Mathematics Education (BCME-7) will take place
between the 6th and 9th April 2010 in Manchester. The conference aims to
bring all sections of mathematics and mathematical education communities
together. A novel element of the conference will be the themed days.  We
hope the themes will offer colleagues the chance to indulge their
interests in particular areas of mathematics.  One of these themes is
mathematical enrichment.  The main aims of the enrichment strand will be
to discuss and share perspectives on the nature of mathematics
enrichment, how it is manifested, how it is evaluated and what has been
learnt about different models of enrichment.

We are anticipating a range of sessions such as:

    * Practical workshops
    * Discussion groups
    * Research reports

We thought some of you might be interested in contributing to the
enrichment strand for this conference next year. Please see the attached
document for further details and the proposal form.  Deadline for
workshop submissions is 31st July 2009.  For research papers and reports
the deadline is 30th September 2009.

Jennifer Piggott
NRICH Project Director

01223 764664