[Maths-Education] Teaching statistics and quantitative methods

Jeremy Burke jeremy.burke at kcl.ac.uk
Sun Apr 15 16:12:14 BST 2007

Dear Peter

It depends how quickly you want this material. At the moment we are
developing a little applet which allows you to 'drag' the curve of a
predetermined function type to fit it to an underlying scatter plot.
This can then be compared to a calculated curve of best fit. The idea
is it supports the move towards an understanding of a regression
curve. Although this is being aimed at year 8, your message has
prompted me to think that it would actually work for masters QM
sessions. I don't suppose many year 8 pupils will have come across
ae^-bx functions yet.

If this sounds of interest and we can get it done in time, then I'll
send you a copy to look at.

Jeremy

Jeremy Burke
Lecturer in Mathematics Education