[Maths-Education] Maths Education resources on the web?

Prof. Paul Ernest P.Ernest at exeter.ac.uk
Sat Apr 29 07:24:27 BST 2006

Dear Colleagues

Full marks to Peter de Liefde and Sense Publishers for allowing free
previews of their texts, including the PME book.

In this time when the multinational media/music/film companies are whining
about copyright theft it is refreshing that that there is still some
freedom of access to information - in a way that still allows companies to
make a reasonable living - but allows limited free access too!

On to my main point. Like many of us in the maths ed community I have
quite a few distance learning students who have limited access to
libraries, books and journals. For UK students it's not so bad as our
library (Exeter) gives them some access to elecronic versions of journals
such as ESM. For overseas students this doesn't seem to work.

So I wanted to build up a list of freely accessible maths ed sources on
the web. Perhaps there are already lists of such that I don't know about?
Anyway if you would kindly send me (either just me or the whole Maths Ed
list) such links (with a couple of words re content, if you can be
bothered) I will collect them up and circulate on the Maths Ed list. I
think it would be useful to us all - certainly to me and my students.

Best wishes

Paul
Professor Paul Ernest
Leader, Doctoral Programme in Maths Education
University of Exeter
School of Education and Lfelong Learning
Heavitree Road
Exeter  EX1 2LU, UK

Phone:    +44-1392-264796  (UK prefix 01392)
Messages: +44-1392-264972
Fax:      +44-1392-264736
Email:    p.ernest at ex.ac.uk
Web:      http://www.ex.ac.uk/~PErnest/
there's my free web journal at this address