[Maths-Education] Maths across the curriculum

PRMLMU@aol.com PRMLMU@aol.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 06:50:38 EDT

--part1_16c.297a40b.29015f7e_boundary

I am planning to teach our primary ITT students a module on the above and am
trying to find suitable resources and references. The focus needs to be both
the rationale for teaching maths across the curriculum and also opportunities
for teaching it through the other core subjects and the foundation subjects.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Paul Marshall
School of Education and Professional Development
Leeds Metropolitan University
Beckett Park
LEEDS
LS6 3QS
Tel: +44 (0)113 2832600 ext 3794
Email:  work:  p.marshall@lmu.ac.uk home: prmlmu@aol.com

--part1_16c.297a40b.29015f7e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I am planning to teach our primary ITT students a module on the above and am trying to find suitable resources and references. The focus needs to be both the rationale for teaching maths across the curriculum and also opportunities for teaching it through the other core subjects and the foundation subjects. Does anyone have any suggestions?
<BR>
<BR>Paul Marshall
<BR>School of Education and Professional Development
<BR>Leeds Metropolitan University
<BR>Beckett Park
<BR>LEEDS
<BR>LS6 3QS