[Maths-Education] Support for Learning

Anne Watson anne.watson@educational-studies.oxford.ac.uk
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:06:50 +0100

Please can I draw people's attention to the latest issue of "Support
for Learning" which is a special issue (vol 16 no 1) entitled
"Supporting Mathematical Thinking"?  Single copies can be obtained
(at vast expense I believe) from Blackwell Publishers Journals (issn
0268 2141), or from <welcome@nasen.org.uk>.  The journal contains
articles by Ann Dowker, Jenny Houssart, Julia Anghileri, Tony
Harries, Mundher Adhami, Mike Ollerton and Lunne McClure.   It is an
attempt to put mathematical thinking back on the agenda for working
with low attainers.  I would be grateful for comments from the maths
ed world.

Anne Watson

Dr. Anne Watson
Tutor for Higher Degrees,
University Lecturer in Educational Studies (Mathematics)
University of Oxford
Department of Educational Studies
15 Norham Gardens
Oxford