[Maths-Education] ICTCMT5 Strand 1

John Monaghan J.D.Monaghan@education.leeds.ac.uk
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:24:55 +0000

The message below is from Jean-baptiste Lagrange

International Congress on Technology in Mathematics Teaching  5 Strand 1
Call for contributions
Strand 1
"Integration of IC Technologies into learning processes"

Dear colleague,

I hope that the following will be of interest for you and I apologise for
possible double information. Please pass this information to everybody who
might be interested.

Between 6 and 10 August the ICTCMT5 will take place in Klagenfurt, Austria.

It offers
 - new results from internationally renowned speakers
- plenty of possibilities to discuss and co-operate in working groups
(either topic or tool related)
- recreation from discussion in a touristic region of European rank
(The University is very close to the Woerther Lake, an extraordinary
location to make holidays)

I will chair Strand 1
***Integration of IC Technologies into learning processes***

>From your contributions, the strand will aim to promote a better
understanding of the multiple changes that technology brings into students'
learning and to open new directions for a successful integration.

A plenary address will be given by  Tommy Dreyfus, Holon Academic Institute
of Technology, Israel

***The construction of meaning for abstract algebraic concepts***

Please, consider submitting a paper in this strand. Note that there is a
deadline for submission of contributions of February, 28th, 2001. Feel free
to communicate with me on every subject related to the conference.

Full description of Strand 1, Conference Registration and Application
       http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/ictmt5/

Sincerely yours

J.B. Lagrange
IUFM de Bretagne