[Maths-Education] Support for Learning

anne.watson@educational-studies.oxford.ac.uk anne.watson@educational-studies.oxford.ac.uk
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:47:29 +0100

A special issue of Support for Learning will be published early next year
which is mainly about mathematics.   I hope the title will be something
about developing mathematical thinking for all.

We would like to have a trail of further articles about mathematics
teaching and learning in subsequent issues.   The focus should be about
work in school with low attainers which encourages mathematical thinking,
but I could consider other related matters.  The readership is mainly
Special Needs teachers and coordinators in Secondary and Primary schools,
it has a circulation of nearly 10,000, and articles should be
research-based and practical.   The journal is properly refereed.  Current
hot topics are inclusion and numeracy, but I am open to more or less
anything.

Do get in touch if you, or any of your students, might be able to contribute.

Anne Watson

Dr. Anne Watson
Tutor for Higher Degrees,
University Lecturer in Educational Studies (Mathematics)
University of Oxford
Department of Educational Studies
15 Norham Gardens
Oxford