[Maths-Education] URGENT - virus alert

John Earle C.J.Earle@exeter.ac.uk
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 23:20:24 +0000

Peter Gates wrote:

> This message has been generated through the Mathematics Education email discussion list.
> Hitting the REPLY key sends a message to all list members.
>
> This evening on my home machine I received several messages which seem to
> have carried with it an infected executable file called NAVIDADE.EXE.
>
> The actual message seems to have been originally one from Paola Valero
> about an information leaflet for the third Mathematics education and
> Society Conference. However the message actually came from several other
> people including Nuria Gorgorio and others - all apparently from the maths
> ed world.

[rest of message cut]

Thanks for the information.

The only time in recent years that I have received a message with a virus attached was one
where the attachment originated from someone in Maths Educ in Portugal.  Is this
co-incidence or is there a local problem there?

John Earle

John Earle
Honorary Treasurer
The British Society for the History of Mathematics
20 Dunvegan Close
Exeter
Devon
EX4 4AF