[Maths-Education] Clare

Jeremy Burke j.burke@unl.ac.uk
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:43:45 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I suppose it would be unfair to make comment about Clare (although Dulux do=
es=20
come to mind). I would like to see how her style changed to meet an 'audien=
ce'=20
in many of the London schools in which my students complete their practices=
.=20
That might be helpful for my OFSTED grading exercise later this year.

I like to show the "Clare" video to students alongside "Stand & Deliver". I=
=20
guess it's not fair either, but it does raise some interesting points for=
=20
discussion.

Jeremy Burke

On Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:12:46 +0000 Peter Gates <peter.gates@nottingham.ac.u=
k>=20
wrote:

> *************************************************************************=
*******
> This message has been generated through the Mathematics Education email=
=20
> discussion list. Hitting the REPLY key sends a message to all list member=
s.
> *************************************************************************=
*******
>=20
> For the first time that I can remember we have had no dropout whatsoever
> this year so far.=20
>=20
> People are very committed - and a wide range of people.=20
>=20
> And we are being OFSTEDed. Actually a few questions - anyone else being
> OFSTEDed currently? What seem to be the emerging issues? For us it seems =
to be
>=20
> 1) KS2-KS2 transition
> 2) Post 16 experience
> 3) ICT Experience in schools
> 4) Assessment of pupil progress
> 5) Coherence of the use of the Standards at all stages of the assessment =
of
> student - target setting, debriefing (they call it 'training)
>=20
>=20
> Also - what do you think of "Clare" ? We are considering asking OFSTED an=
> the TTA for the official grading of her lessons and of her as a trainee s=
> that we have some idea of consistent standards.....
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Peter.
> Peter Gates
> School of Education
> The University of Nottingham
> Jubilee Campus
> Wollaton Road
> Nottingham=A0=A0 NG8 1BB
> Great Britain
>=20
> peter.gates@nottingham.ac.uk
> Tel: +44 0115 951 4432
> Fax: +44 0115 846 6600
>=20
> Mob: +44 0773 080 8353 (pgates@genie.co.uk)
>=20
> <http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/education>http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/educat=
ion
> <http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/csme>http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/csme

----------------------
Jeremy Burke
School of Education
University of North London

j.burke@unl.ac.uk

Warning:

Please note that this e-mail and/or its attachment(s) is only for the use o=
the addressee.  It may contain confidential information which is legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication yo=
must not copy, distribute or disseminate it or its attachments to anyone
other than the addressee. =20