[Maths-Education] fallout

Peter Gates peter.gates@nottingham.ac.uk
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:12:46 +0000

For the first time that I can remember we have had no dropout whatsoever
this year so far.=20

People are very committed - and a wide range of people.=20

And we are being OFSTEDed. Actually a few questions - anyone else being
OFSTEDed currently? What seem to be the emerging issues? For us it seems to=
 be

1) KS2-KS2 transition
2) Post 16 experience
3) ICT Experience in schools
4) Assessment of pupil progress
5) Coherence of the use of the Standards at all stages of the assessment of
student - target setting, debriefing (they call it 'training)

Also - what do you think of "Clare" ? We are considering asking OFSTED and
the TTA for the official grading of her lessons and of her as a trainee so
that we have some idea of consistent standards.....

Peter.
Peter Gates
School of Education
The University of Nottingham