[Maths-Education] Clare

Laurinda Brown Laurinda.Brown@bristol.ac.uk
Sat, 09 Dec 2000 12:43:15 +0000

Interesting the comparison with Stand and Deliver. I too used 'Clare'=20
with my students and we had a conversation about the comparisons=20
between Dead Poets and Stand and Deliver. For those who had not seen=20
either or both films I have them both on video (purchased:) Big Brother=20
and all that) and had wondered about doing a screening at some stage.=20
Why are the comparisons so striking?

Laurinda

On Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:43:45 +0000 (GMT Standard Time) Jeremy Burke=20
<j.burke@unl.ac.uk> wrote:

> *************************************************************************=
*******
> This message has been generated through the Mathematics Education email d=
iscussion list.
> Hitting the REPLY key sends a message to all list members.
> *************************************************************************=
*******
>=20
> I suppose it would be unfair to make comment about Clare (although Dulux =
does=20
> come to mind). I would like to see how her style changed to meet an 'audi=
ence'=20
> in many of the London schools in which my students complete their practic=
es.=20
> That might be helpful for my OFSTED grading exercise later this year.
>=20
> I like to show the "Clare" video to students alongside "Stand & Deliver".=
 I=20