[Xerte] JumpFile question

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 24 15:01:02 GMT 2010

You need to be a bit careful - not sure I'd recommend it.

You're talking about loading up one .rlo file, running it for a while,
then loading another one?

The problem is cleaning up between the jumps as all the variables you
create in your piece will still exist on _level0.engine. If your piece
initialisies all it's variables you might be OK, but I think it's easier
to jump from window to window passing any data on the url and reloading
the movie afresh.

It's quite easy to create the html file that takes the rlo file off the
search string and then load it, so you have just one
index.htm?rloFile=blah.rlo, and you should be able to jump between files
by passing a new filename into the page this way. I did a big project a
while ago that worked like that - then you can have folders under the
root folder for each rlo, all the swfs, engine, preloader, htm, scripts
etc live in the root folder.