[Xerte] Instructional Challenge: Crash Report Screening

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 19 09:56:53 GMT 2010

How would you decide how many practice items the learner would need to
attain mastery? In my experience they aren't given enough. In reality,
what are the consequences of getting things wrong?

Seems you could present a series of reports with MCQs for the decision
(essentially you are making a one of many choice, but could do it as a
drag and drop, dragging the file icon to various drop points). Present
some sort of feedback that links their errors to the real-life
consequences? Then you almost have a simulation where they start the
game with some measures of their performance, with each question having
an impact on some sort of visual representation of the performance? I
don't know the detail well enough, but maybe you start with a pot of
$1000 and each time you screw up, you lose some? Maybe there are several
things you can impact: money / profit, customer satisfaction,
efficiency, etc?