[Xerte] e-learning editor-which one?

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Feb 9 12:04:18 GMT 2010

That's rather a vague 'user requirement', John. There are more authoring
tools / development environments than pips in a pomegranate, so you
really need to be a bit more specific. There isn't a tool which doesn't
"handle multimedia easily" - even Microsh1te Word can do that.

The two environments you mention are highly unsuitable for e-learning
development. Eclipse is a programming framework developed by IBM aimed
at distributed programming teams in large corporate environments. RELOAD
is a metadata editor which I have a lot of experience of, and which you
would use to 'bag and tag' resources into IMS or SCORM packages for
import into repositories and LMS/VLE-style environments.

Cheers

Fred

Fred Riley
Learning Technologist
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham
Vcard: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nursing/sonet/about/fr_uon.vcf