[Xerte] New Technologies

Elly Langewis e.a.langewis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:10:20 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Fred Riley <Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:
<SNIP>

> Just my 2 Euro's worth as an old e-learning hand who, sadly, has seen
> all this "unstoppable" things flourish and die (Laserdiscs, anyone?)...

Eehm...that would be me. Took me several weeks to get the thing
connected to a computer, and by the time the application was ready
(not too long thereafter, mind you) nobody used them anymore...CD's
had emerged.
Tend to agree with you, but then, nothing as unpredictable as a hype.
My guess is there will come something small that is pc, phone,
browser, agenda etc and is able to act as a basestation of sorts with
use of bluetooth or something similar to connect to monitors,
keyboards, tv, projectors etc. Well, actually I mean I am waiting for
something like that...

--
Elly Langewis
courseware developer