[Xerte] Attn: Johnathan Kemp - Template Wizard YouTube Video pagereturns LOADEDundefined

Johnathan Kemp johnathan.kemp at cxstaffs.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 09:30:46 GMT 2010

Hello Mark,

I developed the wizards from the original model files used in the page
templates project wide template. So I know about any changes I made and
have an idea of how the templates work. I know nothing of the swf files
that they call, other than which swf files they call.

Debug windows open when the debug(); command is called. The debug()
command is often used in debugging and then removed when the code is
finalised, though sometimes it can be left in as it only operates when
using Xerte in view mode. I have searched the rlm file that defines the
icon structure of the wizard and there are no debug() commands in it, so
it is likely that the debug command is contained in a swf that the
wizard is calling.

I am not sure why you would get LOADED undefined, but certainly if you
add a new You Tube Video page, either as a page wizard or as a page
within a project that uses the pageTemplates project template, you will
get a debug message "LOADED[type function]" if you fail to enter any
embed code in the wizard.

So can I suggest the following line of action in order to resolve your
issue.

1. Open the page's wizard and be sure to add an embed code for a You
Tube Page.

I have tested the following to prove it works

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SOAsFBrFjoc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><par
am name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param
name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SOAsFBrFjoc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always"
allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. You will still get a debug window as this appears to be a feature of
the swf file used by both the page Templates page and the page wizard,
however the you tube video should play and you should find if you
publish your project that the video performs correctly without the debug
window being displayed. Note: once published you may have to change your
security settings in Adobe Flash Player to allow swf files to contact
the internet, before the You Tube Page will work, this is not a feature
of Xerte, but of the Adobe Flash Player.

3. If you are still concerned about the debug window raise the issue
again without marking the request for my attention. This will be picked
up by the Xerte Team. However given that the debug window will not
intrude into the learners use of Xerte there is probably no need to
remove it.

4. If you cannot get the wizard to display the video at all, reply to
this and include the information that you are posting into the Embed
code property of the wizard, so that I can test what you are doing for
myself so as to duplicate the issue.

Kind regards

Johnathan

Johnathan Kemp