[Xerte] missing Xerte docs on flash interaction

Mattia.Galli at mottaonline.it Mattia.Galli at mottaonline.it
Fri Feb 5 14:50:25 GMT 2010

Hello,
this is my fist help post, I need some infos, examples or tutorial on how
to do somemore complex things in Xerte, I am using the editor and not the
toolkits.

1)I would need to use a blank page and insert in it a flash movie I did. I
need this flash movie has his own interaction and at the end I got a
button. I want this button to communicate to moodle with SCORM that it has
to write the exercise as complete. I found how to not load the main
interface on the documentation what I really need is how I can access to
flash ID items and get them to send command to Xerte. I also need to
change dimension of the movie, is there a way or I have to edit the HTML
directly?

2)If I have my file in flash I read that Xerte takes the _root place, does
it means that I have to avoid _root.something calls? If so do I have to
change them all with some _parent.something calls?

3)I would like to have a custom interface and I lack of a lot of infos
about that: I found the template .FLA in the folders but it seems to lack
of components like the font menus, colors and so on. I would prefer to
build a rigid interface with my bottons to go back an forward an maybe
just a bar to show the point the student is at the moment.
My company does not plan for now to use speaking capability nor font
customization (but I saw that I can save a font preference for texts, so
in theory if I don't have any way to personalize them I would see just my
font). How I can get rid of what I don't need and how to keep things in
the place I want? What classes do I need to include/use?

I used already Xerte to do simple things, test and intereactions and it
works on my company project, now they would like to use it if we can find
out how to do this complex comunications and custiomizations. This would
be easier for us because we are not SCORM developer, but good flash
developer that is the main language Xerte uses.
Thank you for all the help you can give me.

Mattia