[Syrphidae] Syrphidae gut morphology

Francis Gilbert Francis.Gilbert at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu May 16 17:09:11 BST 2024

Please reply direct to Pedro

From: Pedro Augusto Da Pos Rodrigues <pedro.rodrigues at uga.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2024 4:45 PM
To: syrphidae at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Subject: Syrphidae gut morphology

Hello all,

My name is Pedro Rodrigues, I am a research professional at the University of Georgia (USA). I am currently working on imaging the digestive tract of Syrphidae (Eupeodes and Allograpta), but I am not completely familiar with their gut morphology. I am studying Zimina (1957) and Nayar (1965), and although they provided a substantial amount of information, I am still looking for more information on the Syrphidae gut morphology, in particular their rectal sac pads/papilla. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to recommend other papers that have focused on Syrphidae gut morphology.

Best regards,
Pedro

Pedro A P Rodrigues, PhD Entomology
Department of Entomology