[Syrphidae] Requesting articles with description of Eumerus ammophilus Paramonov, 1926

Grigory Popov grigory.v.popov at gmail.com
Mon May 13 12:05:04 BST 2024

Hi all,

I'd like to add a little to Ximo's message (quite correct), because
sometimes I encounter misunderstandings in the citation of
Paramonov's papers. In this case, the paper is published in a journal that
has two different names at the same time, and corresponding numbering and
pagination.

Paramonow, S. J. 1927. Dipterologische Fragmente. V–VII. Zbirnyk Prats
Zoologichnogo Muzeyu, Kyiv (= Travaux du Musée Zoologique, Kyiv) 2, 73–81.
[= Trudy Fizychno-Matematychnogo Viddilu Ukrainskoi Akademii Nauk (=
Mémoires de la Classe des Sciences Physiques et Mathématiques du Académie
des Sciences de l’Ukraїne) 4(4), 317–325.]

In German, except in Ukrainian for the author's name and the title at the
beginning.
Note the double pagination. The ammophilus description on page 79 (= 323).

Best wishes,

Grigory.

On Mon, 13 May 2024 at 09:37, ximo mengual sanchis <xmengual at gmail.com>
wrote:

> See attachment.
>
> The right citation is:
>
> Paramonov S. J. (1927). Dipterologische Fragmente. V–VII. Zapiski
> Fiziko-Matematicheskomo Viddilu Vseukrains’ka Akademiya Nauk, 4(4), 317–325.
>
> El lun, 13 may 2024 a las 8:22, bristi roy (<roybristi19 at gmail.com>)
> escribió:
>

>> Respected Sir/Madam,
>>
>> My name is Bristi Roy, I'm a graduate student working on Indian
>> hoverflies from the "Zoological Survey of India" Kolkata, India. I'm
>> planning to prepare a key to species of Indian *Eumerus*, for this, I
>> managed to gather the descriptions for each Indian species except for
>> *Eumerus ammophilus *Paramonov, 1926. I tried many search engines but
>> eventually failed to get any article with the description of *E.
>> ammophilus*, If you kindly provide me any article with the description
>> of *E. ammophilus *Paramonov, 1926, It'll be a great help.
>>

>> Bristi Roy,
>> Zoological Survey of India,
>> Kolkata-700053, India

***************************************
Grigory V. Popov, Dr, PhD
senior researcher
Section of Entomology and Collection Management
I.I.Schmalhausen Institute of Zoology
National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Bohdan Khmelnytsky st. 15, 01601 Kyiv
UKRAINE