[Xerte] navigation improvements

Oliver Haslam Oliver.Haslam at uwe.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 11:59:31 BST 2016

Hi

I'm making a series of LOs about using lab equipment. The first page of each one is a Hotspot Connector page with each hotspot connecting to a Video page with brief notes and a video. I want an easy way for users to return to the first page of the LO without having to navigate via the menu or arrows at the bottom. So I've added a 'back to start page' Xerte page link on every page. It works fine but looks ugly and feels cumbersome!

Is there a better/prettier way to do this? Perhaps making a 'back to start page' button in the footer somehow? I've seen reference to 'historic' nav buttons but can't seem to find it now.

I'm also looking for a neat way to allow users to see an 'index' of all the equipment guides I've made. So I've made a separate LO with links to all the guides, and put a 'Main Index of Video Guides' hyperlink onto the first page of each LO so users can get to the index. Again, it feels clunky.

Neither are mission critical but I'd like to make theses guides look as professional as possible.

Any suggestions for how I can improve these?

Here's a link to one of the guides, so you can see what I'm talking about:
https://fet.uwe.ac.uk/liu/LIVE_RESOURCES/Using_the_Heliodon_plus_Quiz/index.htm

Cheers
Oli

Oliver Haslam BA, MA, PGCert ODE (Open), CMALT
Learning Technologist
UWE Associate Learning & Teaching Fellow
Learning Innovation Unit<http://fetliu.net/>
Faculty of Environment & Technology
University of the West of England

0117 32 88215