[Xerte] Emedding/delivering large video files in Xerte - performance impact?

Naveed Hashmi Naveed.Hashmi at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Mar 25 14:23:51 GMT 2015

Hi,

I'm a newbie to XOT ...  we are planning on implementing the Xerte Online
Toolkit  Kits as a Univeristy wide service. One concern raised was around
the possibility of uploading and delivering large video files embedded in
the learning objects to many users. And the expectation that multiple users
would view the video at the same time'ish. I expect there to be a
performance impact due to bandwidth. What are others doing? will XOT cope?
or do you provide a link to a video streaming service which stores all your
video files?

Thanks,

Naveed