[Xerte] Names go missing from user profiles (Xerte 1.8)

Linda Pan L.Pan at bbk.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 18:22:49 GMT 2014

Hi all,
We have an issue here at Birkbeck with Xerte 1.8.

When logged in as Admin, and checking the 'Users' list, there are a
number of entries where the names have disappeared, leaving only the
'View' link. Under User, most accounts have the name and then a link
"View", which displays the ID number, first name , surname  and
username. But on our installation some accounts have the fields for
First name and Surname empty and consequently it is difficult to find
users or the templates that belong to users. We've tried re-adding the
names several times, but they go missing again.

Did anybody experience anything similar and know how to fix this?
Any help or hints in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Linda Pan

Web Team, IT Services,
Birkbeck, University of London,