[Xerte] Re: FAQ: upgrade and migrate from XOT 1.x to 2.x

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at bcu.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 10:49:38 BST 2014

Thanks for the reply, Ron. I've now read the fine manual, which is also online (this PDF at Lodz<http://cmf.p.lodz.pl/lab/documentation/guide_to_upgrading_an_existing_installation.pdf>), and is admirably detailed. From this, then, I take it that there's no 'upgrade script' and that all steps have to be carried out manually?

I'm guessing that all the users and LOs are stored in the database, so there's no need to do anything to bring those forward to a new version?

Sorry, I'm writing from a position of ignorance as I've been a XOT user but not an administrator until now. I'll get to playing with the admin side of it very shortly, and will RTFM in detail :)

Fred
www.fredriley.org.uk