[Xerte] Re: FW: Xerte/Moodle on a subdomain

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 20:04:25 GMT 2013

Hi John

you've said that you receive message from the technical list so I'm replying
here. The problem is that if there are lengthy discussions of a technical
nature on the xerteforteachers list we get teachers unsubscribing so we have
to be careful to avoid that if possible. You ought to be able to resolve why
you can't post here - perhaps try unsubscribing and subscribing with a
different email?

What you are describing sounds like a Moodle 'feature' where it doesn't
allow access via http://moodle as well as http://www.moodle is that the case
here? e.g. are you accessing moodle via www and xerte via http or the
reverse? If it is that try making them both the same - you might need to
edit the xerte url in the site details table.

If it's not that I'm wondering if xerte can't access the moodle session for
some reason? session save path? Does the xerte install work ok with guest
rather than moodle authentication set in auth_config.php? It sounds like the
integration_path is set correctly otherwise you wouldn't be prompted to
login to moodle.

I have installs working fine where xot isn't in the moodle directory but as
I've said you then have to provide a link to the install from Moodle or
manually visit the url once logged in. When xerte is within the Moodle
directory it automatically redirects upon login just like it does when
visiting a moodle resource or activity direct. The fact that it doesn't when
xerte is outside the Moodle directory is a security protection within Moodle
code and nothing to do with Xerte itself.

HTH

Ron