[Xerte] Re: Override server php.ini?

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 10:25:06 GMT 2013

On 27 Mar 2013, at 10:16, Dave Burnett <d_b_burnett at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks David.
> Coincidentally that was what I was looking at:
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.file.php
>

> At howtoforge they assume you have access to vhost to change the ini path directive.
> "Then open the vhost configuration for the www.example.com web site and add a PHPINIDir line to it:"
>
> If I had that I'd just change the server php.ini itself. :-)

Well, it does allow different php.ini settings to be used on different virtualhosts.

If you're having issues with php configuration, then I'd almost suggest you look at getting a virtual machine or something where you have more control over the environment, and not use some horrible cheap hosting package, which probably won't provide reasonable backups or anything.

thanks,

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd