[Xerte] Re: Xerte: Upload failed HTTPError -

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Fri Dec 13 15:40:24 GMT 2013

Hi Jeff,

I'd recommend looking through this forum post (look at the later postings - from about page 8 onwards):

http://xerte.org.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=4&id=80&Itemid=759&lang=en&limitstart=0

There are a few things that this could be and you (or your IT team) might be able to eliminate some of them straight off...

I don't think that this is related to the flash cookie bug (session issue) however since it doesn't work in IE (which has never shown this problem). It is only usually Firefox and Safari that have that issue... Can you edit and save the LOs and then exit and go back and edit the LO where you left off? If so then your sessions should be working fine. Try adding a few pages and then adding a PageLink (highlight some text and right click on it).

My first suspicion is that it is some kind of mod security filtering, possibly the "302 found" issue again, see page 10 of that forum posting....

Due to the multitude of different server setups, it can be a difficult one to track down so please bear with us...

Regards,

John Smith
Learning Technologist
School of Health & Life Sciences