[Xerte] Re: LDAP configuration for XOT 2.0

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Sat Apr 27 12:41:46 BST 2013

I don't have all your answers for you, because that really depends on
your installation:

LDAP host, I suspect that should be localhost, anyway, it is the FQDN of
the host.

LDAP base, probably you have to add ou=Users, so ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=tld

LDAP bind is a user, for example cn=root,dc=domain,dc=tld

LDAP main filter is in my case 'sAMAccountName'

and indeed I have 'cn=' for the second filter.

Tom

Op 27-4-2013 13:18, robb schreef:
> LDAP configuration for XOT 2.0
>
> I have problems getting LDAP authentication configured. I think I have
> all the necessary info to fill in the configuration, but since I am an
> absolute newb on LDAP, I just don't know what to fill in where.
> I have installed xot on a Ubuntu 12.04 x64 server and using openldap.
>
> In an earlier post to this list I was already pointed to the file in
> /xertedir/auth_config.php
>
> There I am able to change the way xot authenticates and set it to
> authenticate through LDAP
>
> in website/management.php I set the following:
>
> LDAP host =
> domain.tld
>
> LDAP port =
> 390 (my server uses a non standard LDAP port since also Samba4 is
> installed that uses 389 for it's own LDAP port)
>
> LDAP password =
> ************* (this is the read/write password)
>
> LDAP base =
> dc=domain,dc=tld
>
> LDAP bind =
> I think this should be something like: ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=tld am I
> right? Where ou=Users is the location where the LDAP users are stored.
>
> The LDAP main filter =
> sAMAccountName
> I am not sure about this one, because I read all about this in Active
> Directory situations and since I use OpenLDAP, I don't know if this is
> correct.
>
> The LDAP 2nd Filter =
> ? I have no clue what to put here. Just a plain cn= ?
> I hope someone can give me some pointers on how to connect to my LDAP
> server for authentication to XOT.
> btw, Xot and LDAP are installed on the same server. XOT is installed
> in an Apache vhost on a subdomain of the server (xerte.domain.tld)
> thank you for helping out
> Robb

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica