[Xerte] LDAP configuration for XOT 2.0

robb robb at interlin.nl
Sat Apr 27 12:18:49 BST 2013

I have problems getting LDAP authentication configured. I think I have all the necessary info to fill in the configuration, but since I am an absolute newb on LDAP, I just don't know what to fill in where.
I have installed xot on a Ubuntu 12.04 x64 server and using openldap.

In an earlier post to this list I was already pointed to the file in /xertedir/auth_config.php

There I am able to change the way xot authenticates and set it to authenticate through LDAP

in website/management.php I set the following:

LDAP host =
domain.tld

LDAP port =
390 (my server uses a non standard LDAP port since also Samba4 is installed that uses 389 for it's own LDAP port)

LDAP password =
************* (this is the read/write password)

LDAP base =
dc=domain,dc=tld

LDAP bind =
I think this should be something like: ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=tld am I right? Where ou=Users is the location where the LDAP users are stored.

The LDAP main filter =
sAMAccountName
I am not sure about this one, because I read all about this in Active Directory situations and since I use OpenLDAP, I don't know if this is correct.

The LDAP 2nd Filter =
? I have no clue what to put here. Just a plain cn= ?

I hope someone can give me some pointers on how to connect to my LDAP server for authentication to XOT.
btw, Xot and LDAP are installed on the same server. XOT is installed in an Apache vhost on a subdomain of the server (xerte.domain.tld)

thank you for helping out

Robb